Each show a little better
We can only function if enough people come forward to help with some of the administrative tasks. None are onerous, there is no long term commitment, and they are designed to be many and small so that those who want can do different things each time. .
As a token of thanks we offer free tickets and sometimes travel to other community cinemas nearby. We also hose a free dinner each season just for volunteers and their partners.
We always have a good time and aim to offer as professional a service as possible. Some of us share a meal just before the show. We adhere to a set of principles that spell out what both RCC and volunteers can expect of the relationship.
- Sell hot and cold drinks and tasty treats
Discussion Group Leader
- Sits on the door and controls entry, taking payment and maintaining the attendance sheet.
Master of Ceremonies
- encourages debate after the show to enhance the experience by sharing opinions of various aspects of the film.
- Introduces the programme and any speakers, draws raffle.
- Gets information from the audience to help us put on a better show next time
- Tends the sick
- Responsible for overall smooth operation of the show. Looks for problems and resolves them on the hoof.
- Set out tables and chairs before the show then stack them away after
- Records the fun with stills and video for posting on social media.
- Prints and laminates posters before erecting them on poles a few days before the show then dismantles them after
- Responsible for all technical aspects of the show
- The Usher exists to ensure visitors do not leave empty seats as we come close to displaying the 'full house' sign. Working with the Enforcer the Usher will show visitors where there are available seats. Also helps distribute raffle prizes.
- Encourages adherence to our entrance policy and efficient parking.
Advertising Go Getter
- Searches out sponsors and advertisers who would welcome the valuable opportunity of promoting their services to our lovely audience
- Delivers our brochure to houses in Rusthall and beyond
- Ensures films are ordered and received, licensing arrangements made, advertising delivered appropriately, trailer and shorts selected, prepares attendance sheet, seeks out and resolves pre-show problems. After the screening accounts for cash, pays bills, reports audience figures to licensor, and follows up feedback.
- Produces original artwork to adorn our advertising material.
- Assists infirm or nervous viewers by transporting them between their home locally and the cinema
- Advertises each show using various social media and email messages.
- Maintains film suggestions, compiles lists and invites votes, calculates winners, confirms licensing & media availability
- Pound the streets accosting passers by soliciting new audiences and suggestions
- Matches up volunteers to tasks for each film.
- Documents films and discussion group conclusions for inclusion on our blog
Shop Liaison Officer
- Decorate the hall, and perhaps volunteers, appropriately for the film to give the audience an immersive experience to remember
- Takes posters to local businesses, maintains stock of brochures, secures advertising.
- Members of our governing body ensure we continue operating according to our constitution, comply with Charity Commission regulations, comply with license requirements, and oversee our long term path.
- Sources and assembles audio and visual treats for the audience before the main feature begins
If any (or all) of the above interest you please email Eugene@RusthallCinema.club and share your interest
Those who volunteer for each task are asked to rotate so that the task is shared equitably. Volunteers are asked to let the scheduler know at least a week in advance which films they will not be attending. Six days before a show selected volunteers are asked to confirm that they will be attending and two days later the final list is sent to all volunteers.