We can only function if enough people come forward to help with some of the administrative tasks. None are onerous, there is no long term commitment, and they are designed to be many and small so that those who want can do different things each film. A perk is the opportunity of visiting external workshops and film screenings, sometimes with financial help of a bursary. We always have a good time and aim to offer as professional a service as possible. Some of us share a meal just before the show.
- Sell hot and cold drinks and tasty treats
Discussion Group Leader & Master of Ceremonies
- Sits on the door and controls entry, taking payment and maintaining the attendance sheet.
- Introduces the films and encourages debate after the show to enhance the experience by sharing opinions of various aspects of the film.
- Gets information from the audience to help us put on a better show next time
- Tends the sick
- Responsible for overall smooth operation of the show. Looks for problems and resolves them on the hoof.
- Set out tables and chairs before the show then stack them away after
- Records the fun with stills and video for posting on social media.
- Prints and laminates posters before erecting them on poles a few days before the show then dismantles them after
- Responsible for all technical aspects of the show
- Climbs on the roof to operate the blackouts before and after the show
Advertising Go Getter
- Searches out sponsors and advertisers who would welcome the valuable opportunity of promoting their services to our lovely audience
- Delivers our brochure to houses in Rusthall and beyond
- Ensures films are ordered and received, licensing arrangements made, advertising delivered appropriately, trailer and shorts selected, prepares attendance sheet, seeks out and resolves pre-show problems. After the screening accounts for cash, pays bills, reports audience figures to licensor, and follows up feedback.
- Produces original artwork to adorn our advertising material.
- Assists infirm or nervous viewers by transporting them between their home locally and the cinema
- Advertises each show using various social media and email messages.
- Pound the streets accosting passers by soliciting new audiences and suggestions
- Matches up volunteers to tasks for each film.
- Documents films and discussion group conclusions
- Discuss the film suggestions collected over the previous season and choose a shortlist of films to place before the public in a vote for the next season's screenings
Shop Liaison Officer
- Decorate the hall, and perhaps volunteers, appropriately for the film to give the audience an immersive experience to remember
- Takes posters to local businesses, maintains stock of brochures, secures advertising.
- Members of our governing body ensure we continue operating according to our constitution, comply with Charity Commission regulations, comply with license requirements, and oversee our long term path.
- Sources and assembles audio and visual treats for the audience before the main feature begins
If any (or all) of the above interest you please email Eugene@RusthallCinema.club and share your interest